• Giveaway feature finally released! Start collecting your points, we have a giveaway going on right now: 50 Games Giveaway!

Your current anime watchlist for Spring 2018?

Thread starter #1
The Spring season of 2018 has a lot of surprises for us anime fans out there, and some of them are long-awaited sequels of already popular series, while others are striving to be the next big thing in anime. And I'm probably sure that most of you are excited.

As the title suggests, what anime series will you be watching in the current season of 2018?

My watchlist for the current season would be:
  • Boku no Hero Academia Season 3
    I can't stress enough how exciting it can be, after knowing that our protagonist, Deku, is starting to take control of his powers, little by little.
  • Highschool DxD HerO
    Y'know me, I like some of them action (both of them, if you know what I mean).

With how the 2nd and 3rd season came out, apparently, they didn't quite follow as the Light Novel series, and story execution for both feel out-of-place. Hopefully the new studio that will be working on this series addresses the issues and gets the series rolling (even though the artstyle looks kinda ehh, imo).
  • Steins;Gate 0
    More Tuturu's, finally~

I've been waiting for this series to show up right after I finished the first one. It's a never-ending loop of beta worldlines where it's just uncertain what would happen in the long run for Rintarou and co.
  • Darling in the FranXX
    Yes, I'm probably a bit late, and I can see that the hype for this series is still ongoing. Looks like the series already set the tone perfectly as a Mecha anime series that follows the tropes of the Neon Genesis Evangelion era, so I might as well check this out.
  • SAO Alternative: GGO
    Right, before haters aim their d's at me for watching something like this -- well, my reasons are simple:
    First, it's done by Studio 3Hz, as opposed to the almighty generic god studio A-1 Pictures. And second, this alternative version's Light novel series has been done by Keiichi Sigsawa, the author of Kino no Tabi - A Beautiful World, instead of the original author. And finally, seems like you don't get to see the root of the cringe, Kirito-sama, so that makes sense.

These facts alone can already change what we were expecting, and what we're about to see in this alternative setting, so I'm reserving judgement until I see the full series and give my thoughts.
  • Persona 5: The Animation
    While I didn't particularly cared for the series at first, I want to binge-watche everything, especially now that I noticed it focuses more on the concept of manipulating human psychic powers, which can be seen in certain series like Guilty Crown.

Starting back from season 1 makes for a good build-up, having more headroom on what to expect with the current season.

Spring 2018 Anime Watch List
I'll definitely be watching-

1.Food Wars Season 4
2.Boku no Hero Academia Season 3
3.Tokyo Ghoul:re
4.High School DxD Hero
5.Stein;Gate 0
6.Persona 5
7.Golden Kamuy
8.Megalo Box
9.Lupin the Third: Part 5(One of my childhood favourite)

The ones I will be checking out but probably will drop if its bad:
1.SAO Alternative: GGO
2.Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii
3.Devil's line
4.3D kanojo: real girl
5.Caligula
6.Mahou Shoujo Site
7.Dorei-Ku Animation
8.Piano no Mori

The ones interested by the poster (I might watch it but IDK)
1.Saredo Tsumibito wa Ryuu to Odoru: Dances with the dragons
2.Amai Choubatsu: Watashi wa kanshu senyou pet
3.To be heroing

Well dont think 3d kanojo will be bad since it started pretty much just like the manga, also dropping animes without ending them is quite pointless since you never know if it will get better or not, example steins gate first 5 episodes are quite heavy and not appealing at all until you reach 6/7 and it starts getting better and better.
But then again thats just my opinion.

Suzaku

Staff Member
WLA Member
watching megalo box and ashita no zoe atm, megalo has only one ep out rn and second one is really old(2012) both have similar themes and i think megalo is based on the older anime. apart from that stuff from here and there if i do find something interesting.

Thread starter #15
Definitely forgot to add Megalo Box, but I'm not sure if I'd be continuing it.

I'm not a fan of sports anime myself, but it's refreshing to see a blast-in-the-past anime series that was inspired from the older anime series, done by the same author.

Fox

WLA Member
The current season is really great imo, of course we will have to see how it all pans out in the end but I am SUPER excited for everything.

Boku no Hero Academia - I dont live under a rock.. this show is great and I cant wait to see what happens this season.
Highschool DxD - personally I am one of the people who dont like the new art regardless if its more accurate with the manga now or not. The show will have to use its story as a strength to keep me with it.
Steins;Gate - FINALLY FFS!!!!
Darling in the FranXX - Just started this one and i really like it so far
Tokyo Ghoul - Gonna have to go back and rewatch previous seasons to get geared up for this but im planning on it.
Shokugeki no Souma - More awesome cooking action!

other than these listed I am not really looking forward to the others but am also watching 3D Kanojo: Real Girl, Comic Girls, and Rokuhoudou Yotsuiro Biyori.

Well dont think 3d kanojo will be bad since it started pretty much just like the manga, also dropping animes without ending them is quite pointless since you never know if it will get better or not, example steins gate first 5 episodes are quite heavy and not appealing at all until you reach 6/7 and it starts getting better and better.
But then again thats just my opinion.
I used to force myself to finish anime I didnt like because I thought it could get better..... thats how I ended up finishing Ikkitousen. The idea it can get better is VERY hit or miss. I think 3D Kanojo is gonna be good though.

EDIT by Crying Wolf: Please go read the rules, particularly on double posting located under spam. Thank you ^_-

Last edited by a moderator:

Crying Wolf

Staff Member
Current season of what?

And not sure how I feel about the next season of Tokyo Ghoul, going to be weird shifting gears in the story. The manga is lightyears ahead I feel like so I spoiled the anime for myself >.<

My watch list:
  • Beatless
  • Darling in the FranXX
  • Devil's Line
  • Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online
  • Tokyo Ghoul
  • Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii
I'll watch the new Steins;gate and Shokugeki when I watch all the previous material. I've yet to start on Darling in the FranXX & Beatless, but I'll get around to it.

I still need to finish Violet Evergarden from last season... heh.

Last edited: