• We will be merging Anime.sh with another Forum in the near future, forming the largest anime network online! Stay tuned!

What Anime have you recently watched?

Anthony

Anthony

Apprentice
Awards
Thread starter #1
G'day.

Was just wondering what anime you have all watched in the past week or so, I'd just like to share around some opinions on some series'.

Firstly, I'm currently watching Record of Grancrest War, I am up to date on this show but it's actually pretty good, I like the whole aspect and there is a very nice blend between action and drama, and the character's really aren't bad at all.

Darling in the FRANXX is a bit of an odd watch, I've only recently started watching Mecha sorts of anime but to be honest, aside from the creepy/weird aspect of the show, it's a decent show to put a few hours into. The story changes and the writer(s) repeatedly punch you in the face with a turn-around.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations I know, so generic, right? Apart from the current little segment or whatever, where, for some reason, they're remaking the whole of the Chuunin Exams that was already included in the Boruto Movie, it definitely does make me reminiscent of Naruto and one of the most recent fights was one of the most visually appealing fights I've seen in anime for over two months.

One Piece Sure, it's not my FAVORITE anime ever SORRY JAS though I've been following it for years. The current arc is the worst I've seen in quite some time, I feel like they took the whole Devil Fruit thing and turned it into something you'd see at a circus, what's that? People made out of candy? And the best way to beat them.. is to eat them?! < Sorry for that teeny spoiler but Oda should be the one sorry for including it.

Hitori No Shita I'd actually never heard of this until a few days ago, where I was browsing around Crunchyroll and noticed a title I'd never seen before with 27 episodes to this date. I was pleasantly surprised, Hitori No Shita is definitely action packed and would recommend watching it to people who primarily enjoy watching action anime.

Katana Maidens the story itself is annoying, there's literally only one male character in the whole of the story who actually had a role, this was either created by a feminist or just someone attempting to overuse fan-service. The action was pretty neat, and the use of the different sword fighting techniques really got me going. The art style and action made up for the whole of the characters being failed miserably on.

Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody reminds me a lot of 'In Another World With My Smartphone' as both the characters are in another world and well... They're so overpowered that it actually gets hilarious, with twelve episodes out, I'd really only recommend it for people who really enjoy similar titles.

I know, I watch quite a bit of anime, but my excuse for that is I was gaming for a whole month or two straight so I had no time to watch anime, so now I'm all caught up! :)

But yeah, what about you guys? What have you watched recently?

Fang

Fang

Elle's Pet
Discord Mod
Master
Just watched Kimi No Wa Wa, waiting to start Shokugeki season 3 part 2 until more episodes come out, Made In Abyss finished up last week along with all of Baka Test. I need to go finish Killing Bites now that , that is finished up for the season, K-On season 2 i am in the middle of as well as Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? and Yozakura Quartet.

Anthony

Anthony

Apprentice
Awards
Thread starter #3
Just watched Kimi No Wa Wa, waiting to start Shokugeki season 3 part 2 until more episodes come out, Made In Abyss finished up last week along with all of Baka Test. I need to go finish Killing Bites now that , that is finished up for the season, K-On season 2 i am in the middle of as well as Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? and Yozakura Quartet.
K-On has always been one of my favorite anime in the musical genre, Shokugeki is pretty good, I finished the first or second season and never got around to watching the remainder, will have to put that on the list.

Last edited:
Karasu

Karasu

Hentaimin XXL
Professional
Awards
Binged Rokka no Yuusha with a friend yesterday, it was... exciting, had some more than good moments, but the delivery at the end leaves a bit to be desired, and the lack of a second season was heartbreaking.

Great characters though, in terms of design, aesthetics and overall animation, wonderfully done.

Crying Wolf

Crying Wolf

Queen of Procrastination
Professional
Retired Staff
Awards
This list would be very short atm. Outside the seasonal Darling in the Franxx, Black Clover, and DBS, I've been kinda bad about watching anime . . .

But i did try and get into new game, it didn't go well.

Anthony

Anthony

Apprentice
Awards
Thread starter #6
This list would be very short atm. Outside the seasonal Darling in the Franxx, Black Clover, and DBS, I've been kinda bad about watching anime . . .

But i did try and get into new game, it didn't go well.
You know, I actually forgot to add Black Clover,
Whatever,
Aside from the Main Character's voice being the most annoying thing I've heard on planet Earth, it's decent, That Salty Bae meme reference in a few days ago (twice) was pretty funny but just the first time, The magic is pretty decent but I have to say, not the biggest fan of magic anime. Don't mind it though, will definitely keep watching! :)

Crying Wolf

Crying Wolf

Queen of Procrastination
Professional
Retired Staff
Awards
The anime would be so much better if the main character wasn't voiced so annoyingly. He can make it hard to pay attention to sometimes.

Anthony

Anthony

Apprentice
Awards
Thread starter #8
The anime would be so much better if the main character wasn't voiced so annoyingly. He can make it hard to pay attention to sometimes.
Definitely, that's got to be the thing that irks me the most about the whole anime.

Fox

Fox

Regular
Hmm well the most recent things I finished were Neon Genesis Evangelion (I feel I watched this far too late), 3 gatsu no lion season 1, Death march to a parallel world, Violet Evergarden (FUCKING LOVED IT), and Sankarea (FeelsBadMan).
Darling in the FRANXX is a bit of an odd watch, I've only recently started watching Mecha sorts of anime but to be honest, aside from the creepy/weird aspect of the show, it's a decent show to put a few hours into. The story changes and the writer(s) repeatedly punch you in the face with a turn-around.
Im really enjoying darling so far, I just hope they explain A LOT more.
Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody reminds me a lot of 'In Another World With My Smartphone' as both the characters are in another world and well... They're so overpowered that it actually gets hilarious, with twelve episodes out, I'd really only recommend it for people who really enjoy similar titles.
ugh you were spot on with the comparison and even though I like similar shows this just felt like another copy paste isekai show
I know, I watch quite a bit of anime, but my excuse for that is I was gaming for a whole month or two straight so I had no time to watch anime, so now I'm all caught up! :)
no excuses need here :^^:
K-On has always been one of my favorite anime in the musical genre, Shokugeki is pretty good, I finished the first or second season and never got around to watching the remainder, will have to put that on the list.
I think Shokugeki is really good and the new season is just starting to get moving, there's always time to catch up, s3 doesn't take that long to get through!

Katyusha™

Katyusha™

Apprentice
Just recently finished watching DBS and GATE and I've been pretty stuck on what to start watching over the last week :(

Dr.Oktoberfest

Dr.Oktoberfest

Apprentice
wondering why I am even in this community, the only anime I've watched are Naruto and Ruroni Kenshin

Anthony

Anthony

Apprentice
Awards
Thread starter #12
wondering why I am even in this community, the only anime I've watched are Naruto and Ruroni Kenshin
What are you even doing with your life?!
Though this isn't JUST an Anime community, it's true there's a massive chunk of anime specific content, though a lot of it's gaming as well, and the remainder is just banter.

Just recently finished watching DBS and GATE and I've been pretty stuck on what to start watching over the last week :(
Also, what anime do you like, someone could probably give you some suggestions

Katyusha™

Katyusha™

Apprentice
Well, being a military buff I do like my war Anime's, some romance but nothing too hentai like, haven't started watching one punch man but defiantly keen to at some point.

Anthony

Anthony

Apprentice
Awards
Thread starter #14
Well, being a military buff I do like my war Anime's, some romance but nothing too hentai like, haven't started watching one punch man but defiantly keen to at some point.
Okay, well, this first anime I suggest is definitely up your alley, it's in the early ages so there are no guns and shit, it's highly focused around militaries. Definitely worth a look, there is Ecchi, but I'm not sure just how much, I forgot really because it has so many good points to it that knocked that out of the picture. It also is quite similar to GATE so if you liked that, you'll most likely love this.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/24455/Madan_no_Ou_to_Vanadis

The second one doesn't really match any information you've supplied me with but it's one of my favorites and thought I should probably recommend it a bit. Basically it's SAO but it's done SO MUCH BETTER with a proper economy and amazing combat/action scenes.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/31859/Hai_to_Gensou_no_Grimgar

Hope you enjoy! :)

Jas

Jas

Staff Member
Founder
Advanced
I heard someone said that their favorite anime wasn't One Piece?! What has the world turned into?! :REEEEE::Sad:
~ I recently watched Black Clover, I like the anime, sort of reminds me of Naruto in a way to be honest.
~ The anime I watched before Black Clover was Hero Academia, and I also like that one (OP FEELS) :REEEEE:

Anthony

Anthony

Apprentice
Awards
Thread starter #16
I heard someone said that their favorite anime wasn't One Piece?! What has the world turned into?! :REEEEE::Sad:
~ I recently watched Black Clover, I like the anime, sort of reminds me of Naruto in a way to be honest.
~ The anime I watched before Black Clover was Hero Academia, and I also like that one (OP FEELS) :REEEEE:
Yeah definitely, I'm loving Black Clover so far. Can't wait for more episodes to come out!

Karasu

Karasu

Hentaimin XXL
Professional
Awards
Blame this current arc, it's actually contending with Fishman island in badness, imho. Plus OPs always had one of the worst animes compared to one of the best mangas (in terms of the 'big 3' at least), but it passes on charm and nostalgia usually.

Though personally anything Fishman Island + has been far more lackluster than pre-TS. Except Dressrosa, that was tolerable and Doffy was one of the best chars, him and Law.

Anthony

Anthony

Apprentice
Awards
Thread starter #18
Blame this current arc, it's actually contending with Fishman island in badness, imho. Plus OPs always had one of the worst animes compared to one of the best mangas (in terms of the 'big 3' at least), but it passes on charm and nostalgia usually.

Though personally anything Fishman Island + has been far more lackluster than pre-TS. Except Dressrosa, that was tolerable and Doffy was one of the best chars, him and Law.
Yeah, I don't know what happened. Before the Fishman Island Arc, OP was definitely in my favourite 3 anime list for sure. It might just be because I've watched a LOT more anime since then and I've grown to know anime that's better story-wise and character-wise, but I feel like something has fundamentally changed from Marineford (the best arc ever) and the current arc which would be better off rotting in a bin somewhere.

Karasu

Karasu

Hentaimin XXL
Professional
Awards
Yeah, I don't know what happened. Before the Fishman Island Arc, OP was definitely in my favourite 3 anime list for sure. It might just be because I've watched a LOT more anime since then and I've grown to know anime that's better story-wise and character-wise, but I feel like something has fundamentally changed from Marineford (the best arc ever) and the current arc which would be better off rotting in a bin somewhere.
The animation style change was... bad, quite bad, it's not as bad in the manga, not as noticeable at least, but characters like Robin and Franky suffered drastically with the time-skip in the anime, from some of the best designs to just 'eh why are you even here???'
Luffy stayed virtually the same (which is also rather annoying, since they could've given him a more mature-ish look like in Romance Dawn one-shot), so while he remained the same, others got worse and Toie just butchered the flow for the final nail in the coffin.

Plus Oda's interviews just help cement how weird his style is, even though OP has been serialized for 20 some years he still only gears it towards children (who cares about dedicated/long term readers apparently), yet he still introduces adult themes (drugs, sex, etc) which is silly. He also claims marineford was just a fluke he added to kill off Ace and WB, yet arcs he thoroughly planned (like Whole Cake Island) are... awful...

Jas

Jas

Staff Member
Founder
Advanced

I don't rank it based on the arcs, I rank it overall, I really like, it's an anime that has kept me entertained for years. If an anime is capable of doing that to you, that anime deserves to be placed number van! :Wink Wink:

Blasphemy! Tell me One Piece is your favorite anime already or I will make it your favorite anime :yeahhh:

On a side notice, Anthony, this thread deserves a sticky! Remind me to give you a medal once the medals are released! :Wink Wink:

Top Bottom