• Giveaway feature finally released! Start collecting your points, we have a giveaway going on right now: 50 Games Giveaway!

Old animes

Black cat

Staff Member
Thread starter #1
Lets face it ... old anime's were the bomb. Not that i don't enjoy the current anime's.... but too much echii .... i want a decent storyline.
And i guess this thread is just a nostalgic thread .So what was your favorite anime? do share and join the nostalgia
some of my favorites were
yu yu hakusho
cowboy beepop
samurai x
Berserk
Ghost in the shell
Inuyasha
cardcaptor Sakura
cyborg 009
Ranma 1/2
ufo baby
Witch hunter robin
blood +
Escaflowne
Black jact
Initial D..
Full metal alchemist
etc etc
Feel free to add more ^^

Karasu

Staff Member
Hamtaro kek.

I agree though, the 'old' animes had a lot of really good ones, though frankly that's just our perception of it, every year typically has dozens of series coming out and we only hear a lot about the best / mainstream ones, one or the other.

As far as old stuff goes, Slam Dunk, Shaman King, OG Dragon Ball before it became a cash grab (hue), lot of the stuff you listed are classics too.

Hmm, what else what else.

.hack maybe, it isn't that old, but kinda old still.

Black cat

Staff Member
Thread starter #3
Hamtaro kek.

I agree though, the 'old' animes had a lot of really good ones, though frankly that's just our perception of it, every year typically has dozens of series coming out and we only hear a lot about the best / mainstream ones, one or the other.

As far as old stuff goes, Slam Dunk, Shaman King, OG Dragon Ball before it became a cash grab (hue), lot of the stuff you listed are classics too.

Hmm, what else what else.

.hack maybe, it isn't that old, but kinda old still.
i do agree... but comon... another echii and harem anime... i am gonna stab myself in the eye ...:D

Karasu

Staff Member
i do agree... but comon... another echii and harem anime... i am gonna stab myself in the eye ...:D
I'm sure ecchi existed in the past too.
Though maybe since animation practices have advanced a lot more, it's easier to make 'good' ecchi (aka 2lewd4u) *shrug*