• Giveaway feature finally released! Start collecting your points, we have a giveaway going on right now: 50 Games Giveaway!

Naruto: An RP Era

Which Era for Naruto

• The Warring States

• The Shinobi Wars

Results are only viewable after voting.

Crying Wolf

Staff Member
Thread starter #1
So, instead of explaining in detail why I chose the Warring Clan Era, I'm just going to list the options we can do for a Naruto RP and let others decide since my opinion should be known already.

-=-=-=-=-=-

Warring States Period - was the long, violent era preceding the formation of the hidden villages.

During the Warring States Period, the countries of the world were uniformly small, constantly battling each other for land, power, and opportunity. To fight these battles, countries hired one or more clans of mercenary shinobi to represent their interests, the shinobi's loyalties ultimately going to the highest bidder. The constant warfare in turn led to constant death, creating an average lifespan of only thirty years. Children were the greatest victims of the era, forced to fight for their clan no differently than an adult would and, more often than not, being killed by older and more skilled opponents.

-

The Shinobi Wars - Starting with the alliance of the Senju and Uchiha, the first shinobi Village was formed.

Following the Warring States Period, multiple clans united under one banner, forming large villages in each of the 5 main countries. Fire had Konohagakure and the main setting for Naruto. The Land of Stone had Iwagakure, The Land of Lighting had Kumogakure, the Land of Water had Kirigakure, and lastly the Land of Wind had Sunagakure. Thought not as big a thing as int he warring states, Samurai are still a power and rule in the Land of Iron. Though not as bloody, this era has been known for its great Shinobi Wars.

Jas

Staff Member
The only reason I vote for The Shinobi Wars is because there is so much more information to deal with, which is also is pretty much straight forward for most people who watched Naruto or Boruto (even if they don't roleplay or tried it before). I also personally think a lot of new members who might be lurking into the RP section, would have a bigger chance of knowing what's actually going on due to being able to understand and relate to the era.

If we're planning on catching the interest of people to join the NRP, we should also be able to make it in a way, where they can easily relate, get hooked and understand what's actually going on and etc. Without the need to get used to a whole new system and what not. It's really like trying to get people to join your community, you make it in a fashion where you know it would catch the interest of a majority based on that niche.

Crying Wolf

Staff Member
Thread starter #3
The only reason I vote for The Shinobi Wars is because there is so much more information to deal with, which is also is pretty much straight forward for most people who watched Naruto or Boruto (even if they don't roleplay or tried it before). I also personally think a lot of new members who might be lurking into the RP section, would have a bigger chance of knowing what's actually going on due to being able to understand and relate to the era.

If we're planning on catching the interest of people to join the NRP, we should also be able to make it in a way, where they can easily relate, get hooked and understand what's actually going on and etc. Without the need to get used to a whole new system and what not. It's really like trying to get people to join your community, you make it in a fashion where you know it would catch the interest of a majority based on that niche.
I suggest casting your vote otherwise you risk my era winning which is not what you are after.

Azu-Chan

Staff Member
I'll be casting my vote for The Warring States, for the main reason of if we do the Shinobi Wars then it limits what can actually be done in the RP significantly. Also this way we are not limited in any way by canon or canon characters as we would be in the Shinobi Wars. If there are people lurking who would like to join the RP only if it's Shinobi Wars then they can cast their vote and make their voice heard. Otherwise I feel the majority here would rather do what has already been started, this is fully well just my analysis and I could be wrong.

On a personal level I would also prefer The Warring States as it encourages people to be more creative with their character creation instead of trying to copy canon lore characters. Which, in my opinion, usually makes the game more fun for all parties involved.

Nexas

WLA Member
Warring states. Conflict and intrigue are much higher at that period. As well, with fewer players it's easier for individuals to represent clans than it is entire villages.

Crying Wolf

Staff Member
Thread starter #6
Currently it is 4 to 1. I can do either era, but I do think that the warring era is better for smaller numbers of people and allows for more freedom. If it comes down to a tie I would rescind my vote, but at the moment the current masses have spoken.

Nexas

WLA Member
Likewise, there's no reason we couldn't eventually transition from this time period into the more well-established "village system" assuming the RP gets large enough to support something of that nature. Plus, then it would've been organic and we would have our own history to draw on that we built ourselves by that point.

Redhead™

Staff Member
I know what the outcome of this poll would be, and the winner would most definitely be the Warring States Period. Why? Because the only people who cares about the NRP are the people who have already made character threads or are already in the process of writing their characters into the lore.

That said, what Sean (Nexas) said holds true. Just transition whenever the storyline deems fit. I'm not going to cast my vote for reasons such as exhaustion from the never-ending drama whenever a Naruto RP is involved (pre, mid, or post conceptualization).

And that is all from me. I'm still not 100% set on joining this RP because I'm done with Naruto for about 10 years now. Anyway, good luck everyone!

See you when I get around making a non-canon roleplay.

Crying Wolf

Staff Member
Thread starter #9
I know what the outcome of this poll would be, and the winner would most definitely be the Warring States Period. Why? Because the only people who cares about the NRP are the people who have already made character threads or are already in the process of writing their characters into the lore.

That said, what Sean (Nexas) said holds true. Just transition whenever the storyline deems fit. I'm not going to cast my vote for reasons such as exhaustion from the never-ending drama whenever a Naruto RP is involved (pre, mid, or post conceptualization).

And that is all from me. I'm still not 100% set on joining this RP because I'm done with Naruto for about 10 years now. Anyway, good luck everyone!

See you when I get around making a non-canon roleplay.
You do have a fair point about the current votes being from people who already invested some effort into the current setting. I don't mind either setting as I could easily adapt my character to it, and for my clan I can just add a chunk more to the history. I hadn't fully fleshed out my characters history yet, so no loss there.

I feel the only drama brewing right now is the system as I think what we had in mind was a bit more complicated than what Jaser originally had in mind.

-=-

So here's what I am going to do assuming no one had any real argument agaisnt it. I'm going to peg Jaser as the "average to new" roleplayer and use him to represent what to expect from random joins or newcomers.

I will do the "village" era where I assume we will be in konoha since we currently have uchiha, Uzumaki, and Hyuuga as the three submitted clans since Zero went missing <_< I'll have to beat him when i see him next.

and I will talk to sean about the system and making it less of what I was aiming for and more of what I think newcomers would have na easier time with. Honestly, If I was going to do an Naruto Rp how I wanted, it would be set in an alternate universe with no canon clans, countires, or continents whatsoever.

Does anyone really have any arguments with anything I said here?

Nexas

WLA Member
Eh, I'm actually fine sitting the whole system thing out. It's an involved chore from my standpoint and I've always been in favor of not using one where it isn't needed. Activity and fun matter most to me, personally.

I say have Jas throw the system together. He seems to have a good system in mind and is more in tune with his community than I am. I'm more than content to just be a player of a game than need to worry about putting effort in. Makes my life easier!

Last edited:

Jas

Staff Member
I believe you guys have far more experience on this sort of stuff than me, so I apologize if I've overstepped my bounds, but it wasn't with the intention to not let you guys have things "your way". It was more towards the intention of trying to get this RP going. Sometimes, we have to sacrifice our personal desires for the majority right (not those who are in the RP already). With that I mean, we have to tell ourselves, what sort of "system" would have the biggest chance to attract newcomers, and this is where I thought the Village era would be perfect because those newcomers (if they have any RP experience or not) would have more stuff to relate to and understand. I mean, you guys want this RP to fully start at some point, right? With new faces. Then we sort of have to think towards a system that would be more "likely" to target a larger audience (large interest group).

Nexas

WLA Member
With that I mean, we have to tell ourselves, what sort of "system" would have the biggest chance to attract newcomers
And this is where I believe my experience will be my greatest disadvantage; we have already proven that we don't see what the community wants in a setting and thus I don't think it would be any easier for me to determine what would work best in a system.

Given it does take quite a bit of time and effort to both produce, extend, and maintain these kinds of things I'm honestly more than happy to relinquish this responsibility back to you rather than worry about getting it wrong for the community. You've participated in great Naruto RPs in the past so I'm sure you'll be able to make something great. And I already have a lot on my plate so this actually makes my life much easier.