• We will be merging Anime.sh with another Forum in the near future, forming the largest anime network online! Stay tuned!

Mac/Linux/Window

Which do you prefer better for your pc

• Mac

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Linux

• Others

• Total voters
Laimed

Laimed

Advanced
Thread starter #1
Alright, I was interested what others are thinking about those 3. Personally, I use Windows 10, which is from my view is really handy and easy to access a lot of places and find the files needed. I haven't ever used Mac or Linux so it is hard to say how it is... some say that Windows 10 is really bad instead of those 2 but in person, I don't think like that. I would like to read some of your ideas and see which one people prefer more and why. There is going to be a vote as well in this post.

Osten

Osten

Apprentice
Awards
Hmm Linux is okay but personally i use Windows HowToBeNinjaBeHappy Mac is NoNoNoNoNoNoNo

Crying Wolf

Crying Wolf

Queen of Procrastination
Professional
Retired Staff
Awards
Honestly, if Linux was better for gaming I would use it. Though in some ways windows has gotten better, allot of other features have somehow gotten far far worse. Have you tried using windows search recently? It doesn't do anything useful, if I was looking for the one and only folder I have on my desktop, it couldn't located it no matter how hard it tried.

I could never get into Mac OS, and there are so many versions of Linux. Until a better OS comes along for gaming, I will be sticking with Windows sadly.

Snowy

Snowy

Regular
Awards
I've always been on Windows, so it is my preferred.

Laimed

Laimed

Advanced
Thread starter #5
The only think I hate about windows is... After each update it downloads back games which are disabled or just uninstalled from pc like candycrush and so on...

Laimed

Laimed

Advanced
Thread starter #7
Yeah I noticed after few updates... I was kinda surprised but well since I like windows as itself I can just ignore that for a while

Crying Wolf

Crying Wolf

Queen of Procrastination
Professional
Retired Staff
Awards
I haven't had that issue. But mine does seem to turn automatic defragment back on . . .for my SSD. . .which doesn't need to be defragmented.

Laimed

Laimed

Advanced
Thread starter #10
There is a lot of thing that happens to each person I see... But yeah kinda interesting to see what windows will give us. In future(like with updates hehe)

Fang

Fang

Elle's Pet
Discord Mod
Master
Never used Linux so i have no input. I had a MacBook Pro in college for a bit and while it was fantastic for the school stuff and general use, the inability to game via Steam just turned me off completely. But outside of that, i can say the laptop itself ran fantastic, countless tabs open, streams, while downloading, uploading etc. Obvious choice for me is Windows currently on 10 and originally i was like "nooo i want Win7, no tiles" but i've grown to appreciate 10 and well... gaming so it's a must for me.

Hellwing

Hellwing

Advanced
I've always used Windows and I especially love Windows 10 (I know most people don't) but it suits my needs and I've never used anything other so of course it's my preferred.

Kajime Kazuhiro

Kajime Kazuhiro

Apprentice
Awards
I prefer Windows more than anything. Pretty much stable, you could do a lot on it besides day-to-day tasks such as gaming, and multimedia/software development. (In such cases, that Linux simply can't provide). I'd like to try MacOS at my home, but I would surely not due to maintenance and the free-will to customize.

Although, just a quick side note, I do use Ubuntu, Kali Linux, and Debian (which are Linux distributions) from time-to-time, especially when I start projects with Ruby/just have fun playing around with the current versions.

This was my desktop's state last month when I was installing Ubuntu 17.10 (GNOME desktop environment) dual-booting with my system, for my short-lived Ruby development phase (Had to reset my laptop so I could start again with my Windows 10 OS being recycled)

If you're wondering, I've used a GTK to customize the whole environment (theme, icons, etc) and give it a simplistic, Material-like feel
proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.discordapp.com%2Fattachments%2F292307743065374721%2F412944923323531264%2FScreenshot_from_2018-02-13_20-14-46.png&hash=78335317e871802d30c2552220076f17

Mochi d'Arc

Mochi d'Arc

baka~!
Advanced
Awards
I have my mac and thats all I have :c its ok..

Zhen

Zhen

Designer
Apprentice
Awards
Windows. With latest updates W10 has'got much better compared to the previous versions *cough * *flat design* *cough*.

Falkensausage

Falkensausage

Been using Windows since Windows 98 (currently at 10) and I really don't plan on changing to another operating system. Also for the fact that I can play any game I want to on it, it's pretty versatile.

Tredix

Tredix

Otaku
I think Linux is on the top of the line, I love it and I'm never going to use Windows again, I hate it.
"Why?" you're probably asking. My personal answer is: freedom.
With Linux I have the freedom to learn, the freedom to choose, the freedom to modify and the freedom of do things on my own.
And no, Linux is not hard to use, if you know how a GUI works you don't have any problems, plus, you can customize the UI as you please.
If you come from Windows there's Linux Mint with his Cinnamon DE, very similar to Windows!
If you come from MacOS, ElementaryOS is waiting for you!
Linux is now a valid gaming platform, I mean, I'm actually playing on Linux, some games on Steam nativelly, others with SteamPlay and others with PlayOnLinux, but they all works perfectly!
Plus, some older games works better on Wine instead of Windows...

I want to debunk this myth that "Linux is hard to use and doesn't work", because it's not true, Linux has a native drivers support that works as soon as you start it from CD or USB.
Linux is "hard to use" because people are used to use Windows, we can say the same thing if a Windows user switches to MacOS, the damn hell! He/she needs to learn a bit and he/she will fly, this also applies to Linux.

Last edited:
Top Bottom