• We will be merging Anime.sh with another Forum in the near future, forming the largest anime network online! Stay tuned!

I Miss Manga

Crying Wolf

Crying Wolf

Queen of Procrastination
Professional
Retired Staff
Awards
Thread starter #1
I feel like there has been a lack of great mainstream manga as of late. Ever since things like Naruto and bleach ended I haven't really read anything. I think the only thing I keep track of is Shingeki no Kyojin once a month and Dragon ball Super because it is better than the show for the most part.

Anyone have anything that they find fantastic?

Snowy

Snowy

Regular
Awards
The only tiny bit of manga that I've read was Black Butler, and I only ever finished the first book. My school library didn't have the second one, or it was never returned. :c

Crying Wolf

Crying Wolf

Queen of Procrastination
Professional
Retired Staff
Awards
Thread starter #3
First one I read was Love Hina, favorite would probably be between Ane Doki or Sundome. But haven't seen anything that has caught my attention in awhile. Most things now of days are me just being impatient while I wait for the next season of an anime :/

Fang

Fang

Elle's Pet
Discord Mod
Master
Not sure if you'd be into it, but Gakkougarashi has the manga , which furthers upon the story that i liked. Granted the anime style i don't think fits your style.... since it has zombies :D

Crying Wolf

Crying Wolf

Queen of Procrastination
Professional
Retired Staff
Awards
Thread starter #5
I will check it out later. As long as it's not as cutesy as New game, I think it maybe be okay.

Fang

Fang

Elle's Pet
Discord Mod
Master
I will check it out later. As long as it's not as cutesy as New game, I think it maybe be okay.
there are cute parts to it. but has more depth then a generic ecchi school slice of life or whatever

Zhareth

Zhareth

There are tons of good manga depending on what genre u looking for you just need to search em.

Crying Wolf

Crying Wolf

Queen of Procrastination
Professional
Retired Staff
Awards
Thread starter #8
I have an easier time finding doujinshi than I would a good manga >_<

Fox

Fox

Regular
I've only read Sora no Otoshimono and Rosario to Vampire 1+2 and I really only read them because I didn't like the way they ended the shows and I have to say both were really good. I definitely enjoyed the manga much more than the show.

Crying Wolf

Crying Wolf

Queen of Procrastination
Professional
Retired Staff
Awards
Thread starter #10
You think Rosario Vampire was better as a Manga than the anime?

How's the artstyle?

Fox

Fox

Regular
You think Rosario Vampire was better as a Manga than the anime?

How's the artstyle?
As I recall it was similar to the anime with good looking fight scenes but the story is a lot different in the manga specially in the second half and the differences changed entire thing for me.

Crying Wolf

Crying Wolf

Queen of Procrastination
Professional
Retired Staff
Awards
Thread starter #12
As I recall it was similar to the anime with good looking fight scenes but the story is a lot different in the manga specially in the second half and the differences changed entire thing for me.
I'll give it a look then. Thanks ^^

Fox

Fox

Regular
Awesome, i'm thinking of starting to read manga more so do you have anything you recommend? I'm basically into anything entertaining... genre, length, ect doesnt matter but since its manga a plot would be nice.

Fang

Fang

Elle's Pet
Discord Mod
Master
Same, open to multiple genres as well, so give me whatever you got that was good. Prefer the manga to be finished though since i hate waiting to for content to come out :D

Fox

Fox

Regular
Same, open to multiple genres as well, so give me whatever you got that was good. Prefer the manga to be finished though since i hate waiting to for content to come out :D
Waiting for anime to come out is bad I cant even imagine how bad it is waiting on manga to come out.

Karasu

Karasu

Hentaimin XXL
Professional
Awards
Did you like Naruto/Bleach?
If yes --> Read Black Clover
If no --> Read Black Clover anyways.

I was skeptical in the beginning too, thinking it wouldn't amount to anything, but after starting it quickly it became a case of 'oh god one more chapter one more chapter one more chapterrrrrrrr' and then I was caught up in a day. REGRETS.

Mainly cos waiting a week sucks, but the manga itself is good, in the shounen way, but it's fun if you like that stuff.

Crying Wolf

Crying Wolf

Queen of Procrastination
Professional
Retired Staff
Awards
Thread starter #17
Awesome, i'm thinking of starting to read manga more so do you have anything you recommend? I'm basically into anything entertaining... genre, length, ect doesnt matter but since its manga a plot would be nice.
Ane Doki was cute, Sundome was good if you don't mind more of an ecchi based story. And Death Note was also superb.

Did you like Naruto/Bleach?
If yes --> Read Black Clover
If no --> Read Black Clover anyways.

I was skeptical in the beginning too, thinking it wouldn't amount to anything, but after starting it quickly it became a case of 'oh god one more chapter one more chapter one more chapterrrrrrrr' and then I was caught up in a day. REGRETS.

Mainly cos waiting a week sucks, but the manga itself is good, in the shounen way, but it's fun if you like that stuff.

Loved both of those, and I have read a few chapters here and there. But since I am watching the anime, I haven't bothered to invest any time into it.

Karasu

Karasu

Hentaimin XXL
Professional
Awards
Loved both of those, and I have read a few chapters here and there. But since I am watching the anime, I haven't bothered to invest any time into it.
I'd still recommend it tbh, I'm up to date with the anime and the manga and I don't watch/read many series these days... but there's benefits to both.

Plus some of the things you'll see in the manga will just excite you more for where the anime goes, lol.

Though if you're not in a rush I suppose waiting for s1 of the anime to end isn't the worst thing to do.

Anthony

Anthony

Apprentice
Awards
I'm still over here crying myself to sleep because I just wanna keep watching Attack on Titan, only thing available is the manga, so I've been meaning to try it out but there's so many good anime that I never get time!! XD

Karasu

Karasu

Hentaimin XXL
Professional
Awards
I'm still over here crying myself to sleep because I just wanna keep watching Attack on Titan, only thing available is the manga, so I've been meaning to try it out but there's so many good anime that I never get time!! XD
AoT manga is great but the waiting for chapters is mortifying... it's one of those series that needs to be animated fully, no ifs ands or buts about it, it must happen no matter how long it takes.

Top Bottom