FMA - Which Sin do you identify most with?

Crying Wolf

Queen of Procrastination
Retired Staff
Thread starter #1

So this spawned out fo a general chat but thought it merited enough for its own thread. I assume you all have seen Full Metal Alchemist? If not, go watch it you pleeb, it's a great anime. That and Brotherhood was just as good if not better.

But which of the seven sins do you think you are closest two?

Fang

Elle's Pet
Discord Mod
Professional
Haven't seen it, no need ;) Lust and Pride in terms of the general understanding of how they go. Might change if i watched it

Crying Wolf

Queen of Procrastination
Retired Staff
Thread starter #3
Haven't seen it, no need ;) Lust and Pride in terms of the general understanding of how they go. Might change if i watched it
And this is where out friendship ended because you are uncultured swine fitting of pride >.<

Hmmmmm......Do I even have any? *-insert anime emoji here-* I'm pretty much an open person....
If I had to choose, I'd pick Lust. I like yuri (girlxgirl) and i'm quite a lewd person myself so.....
*-teehee!-*

Crying Wolf

Queen of Procrastination
Retired Staff
Thread starter #7
Hmmmmm......Do I even have any? *-insert anime emoji here-* I'm pretty much an open person....
If I had to choose, I'd pick Lust. I like yuri (girlxgirl) and i'm quite a lewd person myself so.....
*-teehee!-*
I feel everyone has a sin they can relate to at least a little. Also, Lust isn't only about sex:

Lust is a craving, it can take any form such as the lust for sexuality, lust for money or the lust for power. It can take such mundane forms as the lust for food as distinct from the need for food. Lust is a psychological force producing intense wanting for an object, or circumstance fulfilling the emotion

I feel everyone has a sin they can relate to at least a little. Also, Lust isn't only about sex:

Lust is a craving, it can take any form such as the lust for sexuality, lust for money or the lust for power. It can take such mundane forms as the lust for food as distinct from the need for food. Lust is a psychological force producing intense wanting for an object, or circumstance fulfilling the emotion
What a straightforward answer! xD
Well I guess that can to relate a bit to me.

Fox

Regular
Care to elaborate? I can go into detail of my choices if you wish?
Trying to regain humanity after it was lost through whatever means necessary , also I dont really identify with any of them well so theres that.

Maybe I read into this a little too far and I identified with the character and not the name of the sin.

Crying Wolf

Queen of Procrastination
Retired Staff
Thread starter #10
Trying to regain humanity after it was lost through whatever means necessary , also I dont really identify with any of them well so theres that.

Maybe I read into this a little too far and I identified with the character and not the name of the sin.
Well, I feel that in some way or another, each of them are more or less supposed to embody said in in both action and character. How much thoguh could be debated. But Greed was greedy, gluttony consumed everything. It more or less fits.

Karasu

Hentaimin XXL
Staff Member
Professional
In terms of the anime, Greed probably suits me the most at least his EoS motives, though in a more general way have some rotations between Lust, Greed and Envy.

Crying Wolf

Queen of Procrastination
Retired Staff
Thread starter #14
Ah, yeah, brotherhood did take it in a bit of a different direction. But understandable.

Karasu

Hentaimin XXL
Staff Member
Professional
I found both of them had their own ups and downs. But Brotherhood was better without a doubt.
Yeah just depends on the scene... hmm I think the original had a better done scene with the chimeras and fake priest attacking Ed, and maybe the initial transmutation was better done too. At least those come to mind.

Either's better than the live action version tho... no competition haha.

Crying Wolf

Queen of Procrastination
Retired Staff
Thread starter #18
I feel the same for the live action Death Notes, i didn't make it very far throguh them . . .

Does the 7 deadly sins come from ful metal alchemist, i thought it came from the 7 deadly sins the actual anime, I'd pick sloth, i think it says on the picture, because i am very slow.

Fox

Regular
Does the 7 deadly sins come from ful metal alchemist, i thought it came from the 7 deadly sins the actual anime, I'd pick sloth, i think it says on the picture, because i am very slow.
the 7 deadly sins come from the bible