• We will be merging Anime.sh with another Forum in the near future, forming the largest anime network online! Stay tuned!

Avengers: Infinity War

Crying Wolf

Crying Wolf

Queen of Procrastination
Professional
Retired Staff
Awards
Thread starter #1
proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fvignette.wikia.nocookie.net%2Fmarvelcinematicuniverse%2Fimages%2F1%2F1a%2FAvengers_Infinity_War_Logo.png%2Frevision%2Flatest%3Fcb%3D20160520010929&hash=bcd8c1d43403259178679dc01d71495a

"Fine. I'll do it myself." ~ Thanos

Media: Movie
Name: Avengers: Infinity War
Rating: 10/10

Description:

The culmination of a story ten years in the making and the first movie in the marvel cinematic universe to finally surpass Winter Soldier as being in my opinion, the best movie of the franchise so far. By movie standards, it was probably the most ambitious crossover film of all time, and it delivered. Despite the massive amount of characters in the film, it worked well and never felt like too much was going on. At the very start of the film, I got a Mass Effect 2 vibe from its opening. It starts quickly and never slows down for its two hours and thirty minutes of entertainment. This shows DC just how well a crossover film can be done if they actually put the time and effort into it and not rush straight to the crossover film.

Despite the seriousness of the story, it does have its fair bit of comedy that fits the scene and doesn't mess with the tempo of the story.

Even before Thanos wins, so many people die. In less than 10 minutes, we see both Loki and Heimdal bite the dust. Hell, even The Hulk gets so destroyed that he becomes such a little kid and refuses to comeback out to fight and just elts banner do all the fighting this time. Though allot of it was predictable if you read the comics, it was still super satisfying to watch. I was particularly happy to see the Bleeding Edge armor on Tony and to see the Ironspider suit fleshed out as it should be with its for mechanical spider legs.

But now that I've seen this movie, I don't care much to see any of the next films until the next Avengers film comes out. I just feel like the next films are going to be watered down after half of the universes population vanished into dust. How does Captain Marvel or An man follow that up?

Lastly out of so many things I could discuss, Thanos seemed to recognize Tony Stark. Some people seem to think this was the soul stone that gave him the knowledge, but what do you think?

Zaxx

Zaxx

Otaku
Lastly out of so many things I could discuss, Thanos seemed to recognize Tony Stark.
I have seen people speculate that Thanos gets visions of Stark like Stark used to get the vision of Avengers dying. They've been established as each other's counterparts as later it would make sense for Stark being the one to take that gauntlet and snap his fingers to bring the dead heroes back to life. It is also theorized that the cost of doing so will be Tony sacrificing someone that he loves (because of the soul stone) and that someone being Steve Rogers.

Crying Wolf

Crying Wolf

Queen of Procrastination
Professional
Retired Staff
Awards
Thread starter #3
I have seen people speculate that Thanos gets visions of Stark like Stark used to get the vision of Avengers dying. They've been established as each other's counterparts as later it would make sense for Stark being the one to take that gauntlet and snap his fingers to bring the dead heroes back to life. It is also theorized that the cost of doing so will be Tony sacrificing someone that he loves (because of the soul stone) and that someone being Steve Rogers.

That could be true. It was both amazing and saddening to see Tony putting in his all to take down Thanos. Years of tinkering with technology and making more suits for this one final fight. And despite how brutal it was and how hard he tried, Thanos still more or less ended up beating him, actually thought for a moment he was going to die.

As for the soulstone theory, it could be possible/true. It would definitly get the heartstrings going if that did happen, but I also feel like that they would end up removing cap and the others from the story in a different way. Especially since so many of the actors are on their way out. Unless disney can somehow talk them all into staying, which I also find doubtfull.

Black cat

Black cat

Don't touch me =.=
Professional
Awards
I have been wanting to read this review for a while....now that I have watched it..I am here :D..... I don't read the comics so my knowledge of MCU is pretty much from the movies and TV series.
Tbh I expected more from Thanos since from my knowledge "he is apparently the baddest villian in the MCU".... He was powerful ..yea but...mehhh.
I do think the plot line will follow the "it was planned all along" since dr strange did see the foreseeable future. But I hate Tony stark oriented avengers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crying Wolf

Crying Wolf

Queen of Procrastination
Professional
Retired Staff
Awards
Thread starter #5
I have been wanting to read this review for a while....now that I have watched it..I am here :D..... I don't read the comics so my knowledge of MCU is pretty much from the movies and TV series.
Tbh I expected more from Thanos since from my knowledge "he is apparently the baddest villian in the MCU".... He was powerful ..yea but...mehhh.
I do think the plot line will follow the "it was planned all along" since dr strange did see the foreseeable future. But I hate Tony stark oriented avengers.

Please put your stuff in spoilers, thank you ^^
Thanos as a villain in the MCU compared to the comics fits the title of "Mad Titan" more than just being a Villain. In the comics, he just wanted to kill anyone and everyone so he could impress the being known as Death so he could court her. In the movie, he genuinely believed that he was saving the universe through his actions. I actually think they did decently on him, though I feel removing all his armor and helmet made him annoying to look at visually throughout the movie.

And without tony stark, the avengers don't have the money to be a group and the governments aren't exactly the best people for it. And so far, Tony did the best agaisnt Thanos, and that still wasn't saying much. Thor did get a good hit in, but he was too late and Thanos just decided it was time instead of wiping the floor with Thor.

Black cat

Black cat

Don't touch me =.=
Professional
Awards
Thanos as a villain in the MCU compared to the comics fits the title of "Mad Titan" more than just being a Villain. In the comics, he just wanted to kill anyone and everyone so he could impress the being known as Death so he could court her. In the movie, he genuinely believed that he was saving the universe through his actions. I actually think they did decently on him, though I feel removing all his armor and helmet made him annoying to look at visually throughout the movie.
And without tony stark, the avengers don't have the money to be a group and the governments aren't exactly the best people for it. And so far, Tony did the best agaisnt Thanos, and that still wasn't saying much. Thor did get a good hit in, but he was too late and Thanos just decided it was time instead of wiping the floor with Thor.
I will reply later from pc.....I dunno how to make spoiler here

Mochi d'Arc

Mochi d'Arc

baka~!
Advanced
Awards
How do u make a spoiler?

Black cat

Black cat

Don't touch me =.=
Professional
Awards
Thanos was such an emotional villain. Maybe its just me......Yea he looked better with the armor.
Also congrats on "Peter Dinklage " entry into the Mcu. we might never see him again though ....:(

I am just saying tony oriented avengers..is something i don't wanna watch again. Yes avengers exist because of him...but... He overwhelms everyone. Anyways its happening...sooo ...mehhhh
Damit why can't dc make good movies T_T
[/spolier]

Dub

Dub

scrubbadubdub
Staff Member
Forum Mod
Professional
Thanos would say the movie was...5/10....

Top Bottom